2006-03-13

Paige = "Wheels"

I had an extended 4 day weekend.
After finishing up 8 shifts in a row Wednesday afternoon I found myself at the start of my own March break and cannot recall much from the first few days.

I know they were filled with some sleep, some grocery shopping, some George Carlin comedy, spending time with Kelly, getting a massive tax refund(almost enough to buy a real doll) and some movie watching.

Saturday was the main event. Things started off around 6 for supper at the Portage with Kelly. Like always the food was ready in about 24 seconds.

I believe Kelly was hit on by the waitress who was fairly friendly, a large tip was left.

We then proceeded to Blockbuster to rent a pre drinking game, but they didn't have my top two choices and I think my thoughts were summed up by some old lady complaining to a worker, asking for a copy of a movie that was all rented out, "You really dont have anymore? That's sad." I ended up settling for NFSMW.

Kelly & I returned to my house to play it for an hour after a short stop at her house where she picked up a home made bottle of wine.

Soon we were joined by Paige, Vanessa & Joey. Conversation & alcohol were had.
I enjoyed 3 glasses of Cockspur while Kelly consumed the entire bottle of wine.

We departed straight for the OH, which is an offense under section 104.8.2 (a) which states all drinking establishment adventures within the city of Miramichi must begin at the Blackhorse.

The OH normally would have had a large crowd for March Break, but for about the first half hour it seemed more like an empty Sci -Fi convention by the crowd on hand.
Soon the newbie's started filtering in, making it resemble a teen dance(it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't look like kids from the family channel), finally a few regulars appeared, including a fully in the bag J. Scott who looked like he was going to do a jump into the crowd from the cage at one point.

Mainly we sat around, making fun of people & conversing with passer bys, including James H. who always has some good stories to tell.

The price to get in is up to $5, & $1 for coat check under the new ownership. I think the end of an era might be near with the B movie crowds & the changes, its just not the same going without it resembling a high school reunion(complete with a couple trashed teachers), knowing the majority of the staff & hijinx outside at closing.

I think I'm finally old enough to say I remember this town when it was my generations, its almost time to hand the keys over to the kids. Hopefully the Blackhorse will remain sacred.

Kelly & I left with Paige(who i'm going to refer to as 'Wheels' from now on since she is always driving) heading for McDonalds.
Kelly gave one of the workers a hard time for swearing, then had a nose bleed. Unclear if the two events were related in a karma way.

We made our way back to downtown where a few trips around were had, while Kelly took random pictures, yelled things at people, gave the finger & then wrapped things up by giving the shocker all the way down Pleasant Street.

I recall staying up watching a movie around 4am but cannot recall what it was or was about. I fell asleep for a short time, waking up for the F1 race.

Around noon I departed to return Kelly & Steven to Fredericton, early into the drive I developed a strong need for a cheeseburger platter. A request was made that Kelly telephone Andrew to find out where I could obtain a good one. We met up with Andrew & Tracy at the Hilltop, and had a few good laughs, mainly at the expense of some other patrons. I sadly did not order the cheeseburger platter, opting instead for the Philly Cheese Steak. Now on the menu it clearly said it was made with roast beef, which I figured if your bold enough to call a roast beef sandwich a Philly Cheese Steak then it must be good. However it tasted like Subway with one of their shit sauces. I think I will stick to Jungle Jims for my Cheese Steak needs.

I then returned home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://ppkpnwzn.com/bgsq/snty.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://zedeaztw.com/whtl/wozj.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://ppkpnwzn.com/bgsq/snty.html | http://lnenqzpt.com/uuyx/tjsq.html

Anonymous said...

Hello,

When ever I surf on web I come to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]specialpbonus.blogspot.com really contains lot of useful information. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Are you really serious about your weight?. Recent Research points that nearly 70% of all United States grownups are either chubby or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.