2006-06-20

The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off.

As planned, I retired from work Friday, for the summer. Reasons: Because I can, & because it is probably the last chance I will have to take a summer off for about 25-30 years. So far there has been a lot of catching up on sleep, watching World Cup action, along with watching the Oilers shit the bed.

I must be off for some lunch & viewing the 1984 classic 'Bachelor Party' Hopefully it is as good this viewing, as it was 10 years ago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fuck! I didnt know Cracked existed anymore, and figured it was just an obscure answer to a trivia pursuit question....which captured my team the win the other night.

I remember Cracked always playing Go Bot to Mad's Transformer image. However, in the mid 90s it seemed to pick up where Mad faltered...then I just stopped reading them altogether. However, I can still see much of Al Jaffee's work when I blink because Ive read the magazines so much.