2005-09-18

Dr. Marv

I had a 3 day weekend, with things getting under way Thursday evening at Vettel's for some poker. My cold prevented me from taking part in, but I did get to see some good photos B.Savoy has of the old school Blackhorse.

Speaking of the Blackhorse, that was the next stop to see Dr. Marv at the BHT Clinic for a prescription to cure my cold.
Vettel & I played our regular pool challenge, and later played some 9 ball. I made remarkable comebacks in both tournaments, to be the victor. I wonder what our lifetime record is?
We were hoping on some BHT poker, but some others beat us to the chips, the crowd being what I will refer to as a mix of misfits and annoyances, we made an early exit.

Saturday there was an awkward moment at Blockbuster when the worker tried to sell me on the rewards membership. I know I don't want it. But the question is, how far do you let him go in his sales pitch? I let the guy almost finish, which was probably a good 2 minutes, and then told him, "I don't rent movies that much." to which he made a quick finish of the transaction and I believe almost cried.

Today was an early rise to breakfast with Chris, Julie and Amanda, then off to Walmart and the mall. Some DQ was picked up for supper, and Kelly is gone back to Fredericton

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking that when we were playing the other night. Weve played a lot of billiards....close billiards.

Thomas Magnum said...

yes, i think its gotta be tied, or just a few games ahead for one of us. if there is a hidden camera in the bht, i believe 20 years from now our matches will one be broadcasted on the big screen as part of the "bht classic pool series"