2005-10-11

Violently Vomiting

The main event of the weekend was Saturday night, and although Marv wasn't at the Blackhorse with a Turkey dinner cooking out back, it was a pretty solid night.

Things got under way at my house with Kelly & I, then quickly moved to Paiges, then onto the BHT. The Blackhorse was pretty full, probably the largest crowd I've seen there since last Christmas.

After a few hours of classic BHT action, we headed to the OH, quickly made it upstairs, where I saw pretty much everyone I hadn't seen over the summer in the span of about 5 minutes on the way to/in the bathroom. For the first time since sometime last year I didn't have to say, "who are these people and where have they come from?" about the crowd.

Snaggle & Kyla were able to grab a corner scruples booth and once Kelly was done in a long bar line up, we would remain in the booth for the duration. 4 burgers were grabbed on the way out, and Kelly and I headed home.

I'm not sure how long after we got home, but it was not right away, as I began to watch some of the F1 race, I had to head for the bathroom. I thought it was a little strange being sick from only 5 rum & cola.

After all there was no Alexander Keiths free give away like in Moncton a few years ago, no Platinum Blonde concert where I tried to drink beer for beer with Vettel(I'm allergic to beer ingredients I later came to finding out), or M.Foran quadruple mixed vodka/sprite drinks at an after party where he just finished putting a cat in a full nelson, during the night like past times when I've ended up sick.

I went to bed and thought blame must fall on the girlie milk drink I had at Paiges while watching the hockey game.

I woke up Sunday morning fine, for about a half hour, and spent the rest of the day hardly being able to move without violently vomiting. This continued through the night.
Monday was an obvious sick day from work, mainly spent sleeping, and consuming an entire stir fry by myself, then some television was viewed with Kelly.

I returned to work today, sadly I only got a few rounds of tetris in before things got busy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still have to say that the party at the big house n King Geo Hwy was probably the best party Ive been to in miramichi since B. Savage's beach parties.

Thomas Magnum said...

I agree, both nights have been bookmarked for when a time machine is invented. Fuck there were so many highlights from both, I think it a feature film could be made.