2004-07-05

Coffee & Hot Wings at 3am

As usual, the weekend recap;

Friday was what I like to refer to as an "opera house lite" night, as we only went for an hour to show one of Kelly's friends from away the place, and no liquor was consumed by myself. The highlight was Snaggle and others performing air instruments in the cage to some AcDc.

Saturday was the main event of the weekend. After a short bit of drinking here, Kelly, her friend Maryann and myself did the usual walk to the OH. It was fairly full, a lot of people I have never seen before though. There weren't any notable occurrences from there, although it was a good time filled with normal conversation and drinking. I got to watch the finish of the nascar race as Kelly and her friend consumed a grog and I had my usual drink of choice. While sitting there a conversation was had with Evan C. and there was a near fight between some guy and some other guy over some girl, however the situation was diffused. A little later I recall meeting up with Jamie H. who was having some trouble with a flashing guitar pin he got at the rock and roll weekend concert. It appeared he wanted it to stop flashing, but it wouldn't. Eventually he put it in the pocket of his shirt, however you could still see it flashing.
Some more people were noted in the fire truck on the 3rd floor again this weekend, so I guess it must be an allowed thing these days.

We went outside shortly after 2, and observed and mingled with the masses of people gathered on the sidewalk. There was one near fight, however it was put off until Doran's later in the night, and I guess didn't occur. Also there was a female noted slapping some guys face pretty hard, then a bit later another girl did it to him again for what appeared to be just for fun. We then walked to PizzaTwice. On the walk some guys, who looked pretty young, were going on about going to their place for "nothing sexual" to Kelly and her friend. Kelly made a few references asking him how old he was, making fun of his age. He claimed to be 20, so I checked his drivers license as we walked up the street, he indeed was 20, but looked about 16. The last we saw of him I believe he was quoted as saying to Kelly who was still harassing him, "your bitter!"

We then went into the pizza store, there was a line up for both pizza and the bathroom, so I left and went to subway to use the bathroom. I then returned to the pizza store. There was conversation amongst some people in the line up, and the highlight of the night occurred. An older man appeared and was not drinking, it appeared he was just out for a drive and ended up in the middle of about 30 intoxicated pizza customers. He wanted a coffee and wings. They don't serve coffee unless its breakfast. This appeared to irate him a bit and he promptly asked, "what do you have for wings then" He ordered the hottest they had and when the worker asked for his name to put on the order, he wouln't give it at first. Then gave the name, "Tom Jones" and made the comment, "so what your not going to let me order if I don't give you my social insurance number?" He then went and stood in the corner and waited for his order.

We sat with Mike U. and his gf, who is from saint john, and was room mates with Kelly's friends, friend. It appears something like that always occurs at pizza twice. Most of the rest of Kelly's friends appeared, there was conversation and eating. There was also the guy who is referred to as bubbles, he was going to sleep at some large girls house and people kept making fun of him for it and he kept saying, "fuck I'm just going to sleep on the couch" I believe they made comments like, "She's big but you shouldn't call her a couch." Then we had to leave as it was nearing 4. Outside while waiting for our taxi, there was a woman sitting on the step who was a bit loud inside earlier. The police pulled in to speak with her. She was spoken to and they remained in the parking lot talking amongst themselves waiting for her to get into a taxi.

Taxi appears, Kelly darts for the taxi, her and her friend get in, the woman then tries to get in and Kelly refused to let her in, I could notice in the background the police were watching and the woman said, "fuck let me in or they will take me to jail" Kelly still refused. So I noticed a taxi by subway and sent her on her way to it. Once in the taxi, the driver said to me, "I thought that was going to be a fight for sure"

Sunday was pretty relaxed, as was today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! Fuck! That is an excellent news breakage. Just dont let Dad find out!

Thomas Magnum said...

haha fuck if he does, it will be some real breaking news after he drives down and kills me