2004-06-25

bloc quebecois eat babies

As Kelly mentioned in her latest entry, Wednesday nights outing turned from a non alcohol night to myself finishing off the rest of my prince igor here, then having a couple of rum and colas at the OH. It was a pretty straight forward night, the usual "who are these people and where do they come from" Wednesday night type of crowd, with some more familiar faces like Kenny M. and Eric and Mark F.
I enjoyed watching their antics for a few moments, we sat with James H. and some others for a bit and left early. Then it turned to be anything but a normal night out on the walk home as the drinks hit Kelly unusually hard and a few weeds were thrown at me for no reason.

When having my lunch today I was watching a Paul Martin news conference, I got to it just as Lisa Lafeme from CTV said the words, "bloc quebecious eat babies" at the end of her question, I'm assuming she was asking if Martin thought they did, as everyone else does. Laughter broke out, and I enjoyed the rest of the news conference, and Martin had a good answer to her original question and followed it up with, "and that is probably why they eat things like ice cream."
I'm surprised Harper's not in the COR party. Voting for NDP or Green is just like voting for the Marijuana party, your throwing your vote away, put it to good use and vote liberal even if you don't like your local member. All the shit people say about the liberals is just that, shit. It's pretty easy to point out a bunch of flaws and ill doings, when they are the only ones who have been in power for years, it would have been the same shit no matter who was leading the country, although in my opinion it would have been handled a lot worse.

Today the Mustang underwent major service. 6 hours and $600 later, I was informed that the car is still in top notch shape, with only a hint of rust on a brake rotor, and on the u joint. It now has all new filters, new plugs, had the rear end taken apart and re lubed, transmission service, and about 12 other things done for its 100,000km service. It now accelerates and brakes like it did the first year of driving it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you should mention that the weeds being thrown never actually hit you and they were thrown because u stole my phone!!!! :P haha

Anonymous said...

haha "rear end relubed".

Thomas Magnum said...

haha im glad that combo of words was noticed

and i did not try to steal your phone, but will next time