2004-06-02

Rectal Rooter

The cable guy showed up today to put a few extra outlets in, he was driving a white unmarked van, I got worried for a few minutes that it was an accidental rectal rooter setup, especially since they called and asked if they could come over early when Kelly answered the phone.

Right now the plumber is here fixing the downstairs toilet, it seems to have broken after about 8 years of service.

Tomorrow I go for a job interview for a transfer position at work. This one has a 6 week training class that doesn't start until June 28th. Its not a job I want to do, but I figure around here, I probably won't find anything else in the month, so I might as well relax for June, do the paid training class in air conditioned comfort in July and early August with every evening and weekend off.

Last night Kelly, Vanessa, Joey, and I went to see The Day After Tomorrow. Scott Daley was sitting in front of me. I was worried something would upset him and he would storm out of the theatre like that day in enviro. sci. class. Although with the cast of us in that class I can understand why he lost it a few times, and am surprised that he still teaches. I'm sure he has nightmares of Kenny yelling "Boot****" to this day though.

I think soon we will see the city for sale on ebay. I counted the businesses for sale today and the ones that have been recently sold or will be sold soon and its a pretty big number. The next thing for sale will probably be the bridges and the hospital. Here's what is currently for sale; the old courthouse, bens, centennial foods, the river inn, jubilee center, the legion(newcastle), club classic, the doolys/keystone kellys building, parks dairy bar, the old smt station, flett dealership property, the old ambassador in Chatham, and northumberland square which is being or has been sold to some company in Toronto.

No comments: