2004-06-08

Childhood Flashback

Nothing interesting has occurred in the last few days, not even during a trip to Sobeys in dtown last night which usually has something funny occur, or something in the store pisses me off. Like boxes all over the isles, or the one item I'm looking for is one of the few items that is out of stock, and probably in the boxes that are lying on the floor waiting to be restocked.


Tomorrow the city empties out to protest about the rumored hospital cuts. I haven't seen this kind of community togetherness since the eve of the great liquor nb strike in the 90's. I can recall a line up out of the pleasant st. location all the way to jane street, and a person who will remain nameless who lives 2 houses down from me, taking a bat with him to fight to the head of the line to make sure he got his fix for the night before they closed. We thought he beat someone with it, as an ambulance showed up and took someone away, however it was just a pregnant woman who rumor had it, got beat up by someone because she snuck ahead in the line, but I think she just went into labor. I always enjoy a good childhood flashback.

Its time to go do something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man! You have got to get a live journal so that more people can read this...you know the people who are too lazy to go to the exact address, and spend most of the time clicking the "friends" link. These are great entries. My favorite line was "special powers like Miss Cleo.

Anonymous said...

haha thanks, I'll see what I can do about switching things over to the big leagues on live journal.

MUFFDIVING!